SFLC.in is inviting applications for the post of Senior Policy Director at our office in New Delhi, India.
The Senior Policy Director shall be responsible for the overall implementation, management and supervision of the organization’s projects and initiatives in accordance with the organization’s vision. He/she shall report to the Executive Director, SFLC.in. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Leading, planning, organizing, controlling, ensuring effective implementation of projects, initiatives and activities undertaken by SFLC.in
- Working closely with various Government departments on providing feedback to policies and legislations
- Overseeing development and coordination of events, conferences, workshops, publications by SFLC.in
- In consultation with Executive Director, developing and implementing operational plans that incorporate goals and objectives and work towards the strategic direction of the organization
- Providing overall supervision to staff members of the organization. Actively engaging with SFLC.in volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations and funders
- Monitoring day-to-day activities of the organization with an aim to improve quality
New Delhi, India
Required skills and qualifications
- Advanced degree in either law, management, public policy or technology
- Excellent oral presentation, research and writing, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to strategically analyze issues, and efficiently translate insights and observations into tangible output
- A keen interest in the intersecting issues of law and technology, and defending civil liberties in the digital sphere
- 5+ years of work experience
How to apply
To apply, please send in the following details in free document format (.pdf/.odt) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for the post of Senior Policy Director”no later than 10th June, 2016:
- A CV including academic qualifications and professional experience
- Covering letter, not more than 1000 words, stating why you would like to be part of SFLC.in and what makes you an ideal candidate for the job
- Writing sample, not more than 1000 words
- Names and contact details of two references (References will not be contacted until after the interview)
Applicants who do not have the full range of required qualifications and experience should indicate if they are willing to be considered for a role at the lower grade.
For any enquiries and clarifications regarding this position, please feel free to contact Ms. Nehmat Kaur at 011-43587126/43502878.