SFLC.in is inviting applications for the post of Legal Counsel at our office in New Delhi, India. Lawyers who have a keen interest in civil liberties, intellectual property rights and technology may apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing court submissions and petitions, appearing for court hearings, filing appropriate applications at both district and High Court levels;
- Draft petitions, provide legal representation, observe litigation proceedings as required;
- Analyze laws and policies, publish articles/reports in the areas of technology law, human rights law, privacy, data protection, free speech, net neutrality and IPR laws to develop well-informed organizational viewpoints;
- Work in association with other law and policy makers i.e. conduct meetings, draft expert opinions, contribute to consultation processes, provide research support and more
Job Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Laws with a good standing before the Bar Council of India;
- At least two (2) years of litigation and policy experience which includes making submissions before district and high courts, working knowledge of civil procedure;
- Excellent legal drafting and analytical skills, identifying appropriate applications;
- Familiarity with issues at the intersection of law, technology, and policy, in particular the issues involving emerging technologies;
- Candidates with experience in litigation would be preferred.
Will be commensurate with experience and will be at par with industry standards.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications with a cover letter, statement of intent, resume and two writing samples ( mandatory) and a reference in free document format (.pdf or .odt) ONLY to email@example.com with a subject line – “Application for Legal Counsel”
Please note : SFLC.in believes in equality and opportunity for all. We encourage applications from persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals. We offer paid time off, once a week free meal, paid parental leave, a dog-friendly workplace, and an ability to make a change globally. We are a highly collaborative team and in-person interaction is crucial to our success in defending digital freedoms, applicants seeking to work remotely will not be considered.
Last date of accepting application is March 30 , 2020