This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a proven track record of managing social media accounts OR someone that is quite successful with personal social media accounts who is confident they can reach similar heights with a professional medium. You will report to the Executive Director to devise and implement the strategy, messaging, and tools needed to build the image and increase the visibility of SFLC.IN.
About the organization:
SFLC.in. is a not-for-profit legal services organization that brings together lawyers, policy analysts, technologists, and students to protect freedom in the digital world. SFLC.in promotes innovation and open access to knowledge by helping developers make great Free and Open Source Software, protect privacy and civil liberties for citizens in the digital world by educating and providing free legal advice and help policy makers make informed and just decisions with the use and adoption of technology.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a proven track record of managing social media accounts OR someone that is quite successful with personal social media accounts who is confident they can reach similar heights with a professional medium. You will report to the Executive Director to devise and implement the strategy, messaging, and tools needed to build the image and increase the visibility of SFLC.IN. The Communications Manager will be responsible for managing SFLC.in’s social media presence, cultivating and managing media relations on behalf of the organization, and developing and implementing strategies for effective community outreach. This position is ideal for those interested in pursuing careers in Digital Marketing and Social Media design.
The key responsibilities of the Communications Manager will be:
- Manage SFLC.in’s presence on social media platforms;
- In this role, you will be responsible for building our brand by elevating the stories of our campaigns, petition starters and users to mass media audiences across India.
- Produce content for SFLC.in’s website as well as for its social media profiles (content may include blog-posts, info-graphics etc.);
- Cultivate and manage active relations with relevant national and international media outlets;
- Generate media visibility (print, television, and online) for SFLC.in and its team-members;
- Develop strategies aimed at creating awareness, generating interest in SFLC.in’s initiatives and activities;
- Develop and execute campaigns related to issues of public interest.
- Grow our social media reach and influence, and ensure all our channels are leveraged for impact on the campaigns started on the platform.
- Drive our communications and media campaigning;
- Oversee media training and support to petition starters and your colleagues before and during media appearances and events
- You’re a communications professional, with significant experience engaging national and influential media that reach millions of people in India.
- You believe deeply in technology, law and their power to change the world and bring justice to the world using words.
- You’re collaborative, supportive and inclusive in your relationships with your team and colleagues, and comfortable working cooperatively in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re passionate about SFLC.in s mission of defending our digital freedoms and to make a difference in the world.
- You can build strategic relationships with national media producers, editors, bookers, influencers, and journalists.
Location: This is a full-time position based out of our New Delhi office.
- Bachelor’s/Masters degree in mass communication / journalism / media studies;
- 1+ years experience
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment;
- Experience using Free and Open Source Software and a passion for technology
Deadline: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Benefits: We help our team members in their personal growth, embrace new challenges, and advance their careers, including opportunities for travel, learn from international and national experts, trainings, in addition to a generous leave policy.
Remuneration: Will be commensurate with experience and will be at par with sector standards.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications with a cover letter and resume in free document format to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ with a subject line – “Application for Communications Manager post”.
Please note: SFLC.in believes in equality and opportunity for all. We encourage applications from persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.