Chief Operating Officer
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly active and diverse volunteer-led organization in a collaborative leadership role that requires a strong organizer and problem solver. Reporting to the President, the Chief Operating Officer supports other Directors, the Governing body and Management Committee and will be responsible for day-to-day management of operations, financial management , & staff development. She/he manages & works alongside the staff to create a productive,equal and comfortable environment to engage on issues of Internet freedom and Free Software.
- Passionate about Rights, Freedoms and Civil liberties. At least 10 years of experience preferably in technology, law or policy or development efforts for a non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated experience in building, sustaining, and deepening relationships and partnerships with a diverse set of individuals, groups and stakeholders, including with business, government and nonprofit communities.
- Demonstrated experience in fund raising, management of all aspects of running an organization while working in close collaboration with the Board and other directors.
- Alignment with the philosophy and core beliefs of Free and open Source software movement and Internet Freedom Movement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines with a remote team .
- Excellent writing and organizational skills.
- Self-starter, sense of humor and a desire to do good.
Remuneration: Will be commensurate with experience and will be at par with sector standards.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications with a cover letter, statement of intent, resume and two references in free document format (.pdf or .odt) ONLY to email@example.com with a subject line – “Application for Chief Operating officer”.
- Please note : SFLC.IN believes in equality and opportunity for all. We encourage applications from all beautiful people especially, persons with disabilities, of any sexual orientation, gender or other identities, and individuals from all generations
Last date of accepting application is April 15, 2020. Applications submitted later shall not be considered.
About the Organization
SFLC.IN is the first Indian legal services organization that works exclusively on technology, law, and policy. As a not-for-profit organization engaged in the empowerment of Indian citizens about their digital freedom and rights, it operates as a collective bringing together different stakeholders to a common platform to further the cause of digital rights. SFLC.in promotes innovation and open access to knowledge by helping policy makers make informed and just decisions regarding the use and adoption of technology. As of 2019 SFLC.IN is the only Indian organization to be inducted as a member of the IFEX, a global network to defend the right to freedom of expression and information.
What makes us different
SFLC.IN offers an open supportive and empowering environment where you are encouraged to take initiative no matter how young you are. We offer paid time off, once a week firm-sponsored meal, paid parental leave, a dog-friendly (Yes!) workplace, and a platform to bring a change at the global scale for public welfare.